Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF)
The Government of Canada and Community Futures organizations (CFs) understand the difficulties the COVID-19 pandemic has caused the small business community throughout the West. As a result, the Government of Canada has made funds available to the CFs to provide support and assistance to SMEs through the rural stream of the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF).
Small business owners, Not for Profit organizations and Social Enterprises impacted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic can apply for loans up to $60,000 through the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF).
Applications will be accepted until June 30, 2021.
Update: Expansion of the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF)
The Community Futures RRRF stream is now offering additional funding of up to $20,000 for rural SMEs and non-profits that have previously received a $40,000 loan. The RRRF program now also offers support up to $60,000 for new eligible applicants.
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund provides funding to support businesses that have not been approved for supports through the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) or the Emergency Loan Program delivered through Aboriginal Financial Institutions.
Please click the below links to access our secure online Loan Application Portal.
$60,000 Loans - For new RRRF applicants
Eligible small and medium-sized businesses and non-profits can use the RRRF to cover non-deferrable operating expenses like payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, and property tax.
New applicants seeking the full $60,000 must complete both these applications inside the portal:
- Community Futures Regional Relief and Recovery (RRRF Application)
- Community Futures Regional Relief and Recovery (RRRF Expansion)
Once you follow the link you will find a button to 'Sign Up' for the Loan Application Portal. Enter your name, email address and desired password. You will then receive an email asking you to Verify your email address (make sure to check your Junk Folder or Spam Filtering if the email doesn't arrive in your inbox).
After you click the Verify button in the email, you will be able to login to the Loan Application Portal and complete your application.
$20,000 Expansion Loans - For recipients of $40,000 RRRF loans
The RRRF expansion loan offers more support to eligible RRRF recipients who have already received a $40,000 loan.
- Maximum loan of $60,000;
- 0% interest until December 31, 2022;
- No principal payments until December 31, 2022;
- Principal repayments can be voluntarily made at any time without penalty;
- 25% up to a maximum of $10,000 in loan forgiveness is available, provided the outstanding balance is paid back by December 31, 2022
- 50% to a maximum of $10,000 in loan forgiveness is available for the Expansion loan program.
- If any part of the balance is not paid by December 31, 2022, the remaining balance will be converted to a term loan effective January 1, 2023; and,
- The full balance must be repaid no later than December 31, 2025.
Eligible Uses for Loan Funding:
Eligible Costs for Support: Costs such as rent, salaries and benefits will only be considered if the applicant is rejected and/or not already receiving assistance for these costs from other federal and provincial funding measures
- salaries, and benefits (will only be considered if not receiving funding from the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy);
- property taxes;
- rent (applicants are expected to pursue with their landlord access to the Canadian Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small businesses);
- cleaning supplies and additional safety measures;
- bank interest/charges; office supplies and vehicle operating expenses;
- lease payments for existing equipment and machinery;
- professional fees;
- insurances; and
- other eligible expenses associated with retooling, rethinking workflows, automation, robotics, developing new markets, etc.
Use of funds for the repayment of existing debt, including but not limited to CF organizations, is strictly prohibited.
The funds from this loan shall only be used by the Borrower to pay non-deferrable operating expenses of the Borrower including, without limitation, payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, property tax and may not be used to fund any payments or expenses such as prepayment/refinancing of existing indebtedness, payments of dividends, distributions and increases in management compensation. Note that funds from this loan cannot be used to pay expenses already supported through the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy or the Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance.
Eligibility of Businesses/Not for Profit/Social Enterprises• As per Terms and Conditions of the Community Futures Program, SMEs are defined as having less than 500 employees and annual sales revenue of less than $20 million, and produce goods and services for the market economy, regardless of their business structure (e.g. sole proprietorships, social enterprises, cooperatives, etc.);
• The applicant has not been approved for other federal supports such as the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
• The SME must have been viable as of March 1, 2020;
• Established before March 1, 2020; and,
• Must have been adversely impacted because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
**Not for Profits and/or Social Enterprises, if applicable, must demonstrate they have a Borrowing Resolution signed by their respective Boards.
Please note: Once you submit your application, you will receive an email notification that is confirmation we have received your application and are working on your request. Rest assured a CF representative will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
If your business is located in an urban or metropolitan area, not served by Community Futures, or you require over $60,000 in funding, please visit this site: WD Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF)
Let’s see what we can do for your business
Give us a call, send us an email, or drop in for a chat.